HVAC & Energy Inspections 

HVAC Inspections

Please be aware that only a licensed (and registered with the City of Galveston) HVAC professional is allowed to pull permits.  

Below is a list of inspections for HVAC Permits. Not all inspections listed  are required for every job, as every job is different. If your project falls into one of the following categories, you will need to call for that inspection. It is up to you to know which inspections you will need and when you will need to call for them.

  • Courtesy
  • Rough-In (Required to have Manual J, S, & D submitted prior to a Rough-In being conducted)
  • Duct Seal
  • Final (Required to have passed a Duct Leakage test before a Final will be conducted)
  • Duct/Ceiling Cover
  • Vent Hood, Rough-In
  • Chill Water PSI Test

Click here to view HVAC installation code requirements.

Commercial Energy Inspections

Commercial Energy Inspections are conducted by third party testing groups and are not the responsibility of the City of Galveston Building Department.

Residential Energy Inspections

Residential Energy Inspections:

  • Energy Rough-In
  • Energy Seal
  • Windows & Doors Compliance
  • Energy Final (Required to have passed both a Duct Leakage test and a Blower Door test before a Final will be conducted)

As of November 2016, the State of Texas has adopted the 2015 IECC for commercial construction. Please view the Energy Code Chart for basic information or read over the Residential Provisions of the International Energy Conservation Code. The HVAC inspector is responsible for Energy Inspections.