Accepting Application through December 28, 2022
Emergency Mortgage Assistance
The City of Galveston has funding available to provide emergency mortgage assistance to households that have experienced financial hardship because of reduction or loss of income due to COVID-19. Under the Mortgage Assistance program, the City can assist households with up to 100% of the payment for mortgage payments. The program will allow up to 3-months of assistance. Mortgage Lender must agree to participate. This program does allow for the payment of back mortgage due.
To receive mortgage funds applicant:
- Must be able to document financial impact due to the loss of income or job due to COVID-19
- Must be a legal resident/citizen of the United States
- Must live in Galveston City
- Have income at or below HUD-specified income limits
- Must not have more that 8,000 liquid assets
- Other restrictions do apply
- You are NOT eligible if you are receiving other assistance for the same period
Applicant Selection Process
Applicants must complete a Mortgage Assistance Application and submit with the required documentation by the deadline of December 28, 2022. Complete applications and ALL supporting documentation will be accepted on a first come first serve basis. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
You may be pick up an application at 2508 Ball Street, Galveston, TX 77550 or request a copy of an application by contacting (409) 797-3820 or send an email to Grants@GalvestonTX.gov.
Program funded through HUD CARES Act Community Development Block Grant-Coronavirus Program.