A list of board members is available for viewing.
Barbara Sanderson, Director of Parks and Recreation, is the city's staff liaison to the committee. To contact her, please call 409-797-3707.
Mission & Organization
The Galveston Tree Committee was created to make recommendations to the City Council regarding Galveston trees and vegetation.
The Galveston Tree Committee Has the Following Purposes
- To assist the city in fundraising opportunities
- To assist city staff and work closely with the Directors of Parks and Public Works, utilizing resources available to the community, including the Galveston County Extension Service, the Texas Forest Service, Master Naturalists, Master Gardeners, and Texas A&M University horticulturists
- To develop a comprehensive approach to care, maintenance, and enhancement for the landscaping and vegetation in Galveston
- To develop and assist in the implementation of a plan for planting native trees and vegetation along streets and neighborhoods
- To develop guidelines for "green streets" to help manage stormwater run-off on site, through the use of vegetative practices that benefit water quality and increase filtration capacity
- To develop and implement an educational outreach program and a partnership with an established tree program