Welcome to the City of Galveston Human Resources Department. We strive to provide high quality service to all employees and members of the community.
The City of Galveston's Human Resources Department serves the island's citizens in many ways:
- Administer collective bargaining contracts and civil service program for police and fire
- Administer recruitment, labor relations, position classification system, grievances and appeals, counseling, and personnel policies and procedures
- Coordination of human resource utilization and management activities
- Ensure affirmative action is enforced in hiring, promotion, and all other areas of employment
- Maintain and develop policy to comply with new federal and state regulation
Equal Opportunity Employer
The City of Galveston is an equal opportunity employer and has an affirmative action plan.
All education certificates will be verified.
Kent EtienneHuman Resources & Civil Service Director
Maritza CabreraHuman Resources Specialist
Mareia SchreiberAssistant Human Resources Director
Christy ShinnHuman Resources Specialist
Danielle ClevalleSenior Administrative Assistant.
Charlotte DavisHR Administrative Specialist (Payroll)