NOTICE TO CONTRACTORS
Fire Partition inspection Required:
PRIOR TO SIDING BEING INSTALLED A FIRE PARTITION INSPECTION BY A CITY BUILDING INSPECTOR MUST BE PERFORMED. THE FOLLOWING AFFIDAVIT MUST BE SIGNED BY THE APPLICANT WITH THE BUILDING PERMIT SUBMITTAL
IF NO FIRE PARTITION INSPECTION WAS PERFORMED THEN YOU WILL NEED TO HAVE AN ENGINEER NOTARIZE AND SIGN THE FOLLOWING AFFIDAVIT.
We have updated the TCI Requirements
The attached form will need to be notarized and submitted to the City Building Division prior to receiving TCI inspection or power. We are only requiring the affidavit.
- TEMPORARY POLE
- SITE MOBILIZATION
- PLUBMING UNDERGROUND, SEWER & WATER
- FLATWORK (DRIVEWAYS &WALKWAYS)
- FIRE RATED PARTITION
- COVER (ROUGH-IN)
- PLUMBING TOP-OUT
- HVAC ROUGH
- GAS ROUGH
- (ALL MUST BE COMPLETED TO CALL FOR ROUGH-IN
- SHOWER PAN
- (THIRD PARTY- NOT DONE BY CITY OF GALVESTON INSPECTOR)
- GAS FINAL
- FINAL (ALL TRADES MUST BE COMPLETE)
ALL INSPECTION MUST BE SCHEDULED ONLINE OR VIA EMAIL –
EMAIL REQUEST TO: INSPECTIONREQUEST@GALVESTONTX.GOV
2021 Code Adoption
January 2023, Galveston City Council adopted the 2021 Codes. You can reference the 2021 Codes on the ICC website
2021 International Mechanical Code (IMC)
2021 International Pool and Spa Code (IPSC)
2021 International Plumbing Code (IPC)
2021 International Fuel Gas Code (IFGC)
2021 International Residential Code (IRC)
2021 International Building Code (IBC)
2021 International Energy Conservation Code (IECC)
2021 Residential Energy Compliance Path Form (RECP)
2021 International Fire Code (IFC)
WATER METER LEAD TIME
The lead times for the installation of water meters has changed due to an increase in lead time by the city’s distributor of water meters. Please take this into consideration when managing your project.
The new lead times are as follows:
Current Meter Lead Time
1.5" - 2"
3" - 8"
Submitting a building permit application?
The Building Division is located at 3015 Market. Please submit building permit applications, contractor registrations, and inspection requests online using the ePortal. Swimming pool permit applications can be submitted via email. ePortal user guides are available on the Applications, Fees, and FAQs page.
Submitting an application to Coastal Resources or Planning?
The Coastal Resources and Planning Divisions are located at 3015 Market. Application forms are available on the Applications, Fees, and FAQs page and can be submitted via email or in-person.
ePortal User Guides
- Registering for an Online Account (PDF)
- Paying for a Permit (PDF)
- Scheduling an Inspection (PDF)
- Checking the Status of a Permit (PDF)
- Scheduling an Inspection (Video)
- Registering for an Online Account (Video)
- Applying for a Building Permit (Video)
Inspections are required to be scheduled online. Inspections requested before 6:00AM will be put on the schedule for the same day. Any inspection request received after 6:00AM will automatically be scheduled for the following day.
- All inspections will only be available online or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For new residential construction and additions, all construction trades are required to be complete and scheduled simultaneously for rough-in and final inspections.
- Prior to siding being installed a fire wall inspection is required to be scheduled and inspected by a City Building Inspector.
Please be aware that PERMITS AND ADDRESSES must be visible from the street for all inspections. Additionally, an approved set of plans is required on all job sites for inspections.
Permitting & Plan Review
The Building Division does not accept applications via email. You may submit an application in person or online through the e-permitting website.
To register with the City of Galveston, you will need the following:
- $200 registration fee and $25 annual fee.
- Insurance and bonding information must be current.
- Liability insurance with a $300,000 minimum showing the City of Galveston as an additional insured and certificate holder.
- Surety bonds with a $25,000 minimum. Bonds must be original. Building and electrical contractors are required to have a surety bond with the obligee being "City of Galveston or assignee." HVAC contractors do not require a surety bond to register with the City of Galveston.
- Energy technicians are required to register with the City of Galveston. There is a separate application which can be found below.
- Applications, Fees, and FAQs
- Contractor Registration (PDF
- Click here to view a list of registered contractors.