The City of Galveston, through its Homebuyer Assistant Program (HAP) will provide eligible homebuyers up to $14,500 in Home Investment Partnership Program funds to assist with down payment and closing costs toward the purchase of their first home.
Click here Version Options Homebuyer Assistance ProgramHeadline to download the HAP Guidelines and Application.
Eligible homebuyers must:
- Meet U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development's (HUD) income & underwriting requirements
- Be a legal resident/citizen of the United States
- Be able to qualify for a mortgage loan
- Complete an eight-hour homebuyer education course
- Selected home must meet HUD's Housing Quality Standards
- Home must be located within the City of Galveston