Public Works - Traffic Division


The Traffic Division of the Public Works Department provides maintenance and responds to citizen inquiries concerning the City's traffic signals, signage and pavement markings in a timely, cost-effective, polite, and responsible manner. All traffic control devices must be installed according to the Texas Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices.

Street Light Outages

To report street light outages, please call CenterPoint Energy at 713-207-2222 or 1 800-332-7143, or file a report online.

Be ready to provide the six-digit pole identification number or the physical address of the street light pole. If you do not know the pole identification number please visit this map.