- You are Here:
- City Marshal / Code Enforcement
- Code Enforcement
Quality of Life
Improve the quality of life through a better environment, by:
- Complying with federal, state, and local codes and ordinances
- Eliminating blight and unsafe or unsanitary conditions
- Performing housing, environmental, and zoning inspections
Applicable city codes enforced:
- Code of the City of Galveston
- 2012 International Property Maintenance Code, with local amendments (Chapter 18 of City Code)- Ordinance including local amendments (PDF)
- Licenses, Permits & Business Regulations, with local amendments (Chapter 19 of the City Code)- Ordinance including local amendments (PDF)
- Vehicles For Hire-Horse Drawn Carriages, with local amendments (Chapter 35 of the City Code)- Ordinance including local amendments (PDF)
- Wrecker Regulation (Chapter 37) Ordinance including local amendment (PDF)
- Chapter 34 Golf Carts Permits and Residential Parking Permits (PDF)
Inspections are conducted on upgrading existing housing and buildings, existing signs, litter, junk/abandoned vehicles, weeded lots, and care of premises to prevent the spread of environmental decay.
The Code Enforcement Division within the Marshals Office enforces various permits that have been issued by the City of Galveston. This includes a temporary license to use permit, vendor permits, and the inspection of hotels/motels, rooming houses/bed & breakfasts. We also assist The Development Services Division with the enforcement of their permits.
To issue a complaint or contact the code enforcement investigator for your area, please complete the Code Compliance Complaint (PDF) form and submit via email to our staff to the Marshals office.
Please view the Code Enforcement Officer Zone Map (PDF) to locate the officer assigned to your area.
View any Charges of Violation Filed with the Municipal Court.