Version OptionsCivil Service Exam HeadlineRequirements to become a firefighter are as follows:
- Must be 19 years of age and not have reached their 36th birthday prior to employment.
- Must possess a Basic Structural Fire Protection certification issued by the Texas Commission on Fire Protection
- Must possess, at minimum, a current Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification issued by the Texas Department of State Health Services (TDSHS) for initial employment. If hired, the probationary Firefighter will be required, at their expense, to obtain a (TDSHS) AEMT, TCFP Fire Inspector, and a TCFP Driver Operator-Pumper within the first year of probation.
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must possess a valid Texas driver's license
- Must be in good physical condition
- Must have NO felony convictions
- Registration is available online using the form below.