It's even more important to conserve water and practice good watering techniques with temperatures heating up. Here are some summertime tips for our residents:
• Water early in the morning before 10 a.m. Avoid watering from mid-morning to late afternoon when you can lose one-third of your water to evaporation.
• Avoid watering in the evening because lawns and plants that are left wet overnight are more prone to disease.
• Check your settings at least quarterly to make sure that water is being applied properly and make adjustments as needed.
• Check your sprinkler heads regularly. Remove any dirt or debris that may be clogging the nozzle and make sure that the water is flowing at the proper pressure.
• Check for leaks, and repair them promptly.
• Monitor your monthly bill
• Turn off water while brushing your teeth
• Turn off the faucet when washing hands
• Run the dishwasher only when it's full