The City of Galveston is accepting applications for rental assistance to households who have experienced financial losses due to COVID-19.
Under the ST-TBRA program, the City can assist households with up to 100% of the rent payment. The program will allow up to 3-months of assistance. Landlord must agree to participate. This program does allow for the payment of back rent originally due on or after June 1, 2020.
To receive ST-TBRA funds applicant:
- Must be able to document financial impact due to the loss of income or job after March 13, 2020
- Must be a legal resident/citizen of the United States
- Must live in Galveston City and have a current Lease Agreement in place
- Must meet a $1,000 minimum for rental assistance
- Must not have more than $5,000 liquid assets
- Have income at or below HUD-specified income limits
2021 HUD HOME Income Limits
1 Person $44,350
2 Persons $50,700
3 Persons $57,050
4 Persons $63,350
5 Persons $68,450
6 Persons $73,500
7 Persons $78,600
8 Persons $83,650
Other restrictions do apply (see application)
- You are NOT eligible if you receive Public Housing or Section 8 Housing Assistance or have previously received ST-TBRA or are currently receiving TBRA
Applicant Selection Process
Applicants must complete a ST-TBRA Application and submit with the required documentation through July 30, 2021. Applications are available at the website or contact information listed below. Applications will be reviewed on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Program ends on September 30, 2021.
Completed applications and ALL supporting documentation will be emailed to TBRAprogram@galvestontx.gov.
For additional information, please call G&H at (409) 797-3820 or email to TBRAprogram@galvestontx.gov or visit the City G&H website at https://www.galvestontx.gov/1105/Short-Term-Tenant-Based-Rental-Assistanc