Public Information Office
Tools for Open Government
Read more about open government from the Office of the Attorney General of Texas:
- Open Meeting Handbook (PDF)
- Public Information Handbook (PDF)
- Office of the Attorney General of Texas Website
Open Records Requests
The City Secretary's office launched an online software program for submitting public information requests. With this program, requestors have the ability to log into the Public Records Center to track the status of requests, communicate with the City, and access the requested documents. By capturing, routing, and managing public information requests, the system will enhance organization and create a convenient form of communication between departments, resulting in faster response times.
There is no charge for the first 10 letter sized pages. After the first 10 pages, there is a fee charged for any copies made. You will be notified of any fees before the requests are fulfilled.
To submit a request, please visit the Public Records Center.
For further information on the law, see the Public Information Act
Stay in the Loop with Notify Me and Social Media!
Subscribe to notifications using "Notify Me!" on Special Events, Bid Postings, Agendas, and more! Follow the City of Galveston's official Facebook page, Twitter page, and YouTube Channel for updates and happenings throughout the City as well as Island wide!
Barbara E. SandersonExecutive Director of Community OutreachPhone: 409-797-3707Cell Phone: 409-789-7040
Marissa BarnettPublic Information OfficerPhone: 409-797-3546Cell Phone: 409-692-6514
Public Information Office
Justin McGlocktonCommunications Specialist
- Beach Water Advisories: Galveston County Health District
- Beaches: Galveston Park Board of Trustees
- Birth / Death Certificates: Galveston County Health District
- Dickens on the Strand: Galveston Historical Foundation
- Galveston Beach Patrol: Galveston Park Board of Trustees
- Mardi Gras: City of Galveston
- Marriage Licenses: Galveston County Clerk's Office
- Tourism: Galveston Island Convention and Visitors Bureau
The Civil Service entrance exam will be held at Galveston Island Convention Center 5600 Seawall Blvd., Galveston, TX in room Galleon on Friday, September 18, 2020 Read on...
We're thrilled that Galveston resident Doug McLean's beautiful sculpture, "Hope," will have a home in a new city park on the historic City Hall grounds later this year. Read on...
The Galveston City Council moved forward on a plan to build a pool deck at the Lasker Park Community Pool to be used for party rentals. Read on...