In addition, the City also offers an auto payment program where the amount due is drafted automatically each month.
*Please note a $0.75 service fee will be added and collected by a third party processor for eCheck payments.
City Offering Payment Plans for Past Due Accounts
Beginning May 7th, the City will be disconnecting water service for customers who have a past due balance.
Galveston’s Utility Billing department is looking to work with citizens who have fallen behind on their utility bills by offering payment plans before disconnecting service. With Hurricane Harvey, the holiday’s, and an unusually cold beginning of the year, the department stopped turning off water to customers’ homes or businesses who were delinquent last fall. They will resume disconnections for non-payment beginning on May 7, 2018.
Customers seeking to avoid costly penalties and disruption of services are encouraged to participate in the payment plan program available to them. Enrolling in this penalty-free program is easy. Those in need of the relief can follow the steps below:
1. Call the Utility Billing department at 409-797-3550 during normal business hours.
2. Make a payment to start your enrollment in the program.
3. Set up a payment arrangement for the remaining balance.
This program will be available through May 4, 2018. Customers who enroll will be required to make ALL scheduled payments, on-time, with no extensions given. A missed payment while on the payment arrangement will reinstate penalties and void your enrollment.
To sign up today for this gracious offer by the City’s utility billing department, please call 409-797-3550. For more information, please visit www.galvestontx.gov/utilitybilling.
New utility billing web-portal launching in August
City of Galveston utility customers in August will see a new utility billing web-portal when accessing their bills online.
The new website will roll out on Monday, August 5, and offer additional and upgraded features for customers. These changes include easy-to-view due dates and payments due, and in-depth payment histories.
Customers with multiple accounts will more easily be able to toggle between different properties and accounts. The new upgrade also gives the city the ability to send messages to customers through their online account. There also will be additional security features in the new design to protect customers.
Customers will not need to change their existing logins for the new web-portal. If customers have not yet signed in, they may create a login by visiting the “Pay My Water Bill” tab on the homepage of www.galvestontx.gov.
If customers have any questions about the new utility billing website, they are welcome to call Utility Billing at 409-797-3550.
- New Service: Please download our application (PDF) to request new service.
- New Commercial Service: Please download our application (PDF) to request new service.
- Online Solutions:
- Request for Utility Account Confidentiality (PDF): Download our form (PDF) to request that your personal information on file with the Utility Department be kept confidential.
- Transfer / Disconnect Service: To transfer or disconnect service, download our disconnect form (PDF) and please contact us at 409-797-3550.
- Survey: We love to hear from you! Download and submit our customer service survey (PDF) and let us know how we can better serve you!
- Order your garbage cart here
- How do I apply for water service in Galveston, TX
- Is there a deposit required?
- Is there anyway the deposit can be waived?
- Is the deposit refundable?
- Is there a deposit for commercial service?
- Are deposits for commercial accounts refundable?
- I am leasing and need water service, what documents do I need?
- I am purchasing property and need water service, what documents do I need?
- I need water service for a commercial property, what documents do I need?
- Is garbage pick up included when signing up for water service?