The City of Galveston would like to invite you to sign up in the ACH payment program. In lieu of you sending us a check for your monthly water bill, you can direct your bank to send payment via electronic transfer.
If you elect the ACH payment option, please contact us at (409) 797-3550 for the direct deposit detailed information.
After joining the ACH payment program if you later decide to opt out of the ACH payment program, you may do so at any time. You may simply return to mailing us your checks for payment.
The ACH payment program has proven to be an efficient and cost-effective mechanism for making payments, for increasing payment security and for eliminating the three to seven days transit time for mail.
If you have any questions, please contact us at (409) 797-3550.
Filling Up A Pool?
Be sure to let Utility Billing Customer Service know. You can contact them via email at CustomerService@GalvestonTx.Gov or by calling them at 409-797-3550.
We ask that Citizens call or email Utility Billing Customer Service BEFORE filling their pools. This will allow the department to record the meter reading before the pool fill. When the pool fill is complete, the customer should call back to document the meter reading AFTER the pool fill is complete. You could also take a picture of the meter reading Before the fill and another After the pool fill is complete and email those to Utility Billing Customer Service.
The customer will receive an adjustment for the sewer portion of the bill relating to the pool fill.
In addition, the City also offers an auto payment program where the amount due is drafted automatically each month.
*Please note a $0.75 service fee will be added and collected by a third party processor for eCheck payments.
Applications for new service received by fax or email after 4pm will be processed the next business day
- New Service: Please download our application (PDF) to request new service.
- Nuevo servicio (español): Descargue nuestra aplicación en español (PDF) para solicitar el servicio
- New Commercial Service: Please download our application (PDF) to request new service.
- Online Solutions:
- Request for Utility Account Confidentiality (PDF): Download our form (PDF) to request that your personal information on file with the Utility Department be kept confidential.
- Disconnect Service: To disconnect service, download or print our disconnect form (PDF) and email form to email@example.com
- Survey: We love to hear from you! Download and submit our customer service survey (PDF) and let us know how we can better serve you!
- Order your garbage cart here
- Request a Meter Test Form : Download, Print or Email Customer Service to request a Meter Test
- Confidentiality Form : Download Confidentiality Form
Effective December 1, 2021
Drive Thru Window Hours
Monday – Friday
7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- How do I apply for water service in Galveston, TX
- Is there a deposit required?
- Is there anyway the deposit can be waived?
- Is the deposit refundable?
- Is there a deposit for commercial service?
- Are deposits for commercial accounts refundable?
- I am leasing and need water service, what documents do I need?
- I am purchasing property and need water service, what documents do I need?
- I need water service for a commercial property, what documents do I need?
- Is garbage pick up included when signing up for water service?